Where now lays Vigolo Castle, there was a “castelliere”, a sort of prehistoric fortressed village that was used as a refuge in cases of extreme danger in the Bronze and Iron Age.
As the road connecting Trento and the Valsugana passes near the castle, it is probable that the castle was already in the Roman Age a fortressed establishment overlooking the road.
In the late Medieval Age, the castle was in the territory controlled by the Bishopric of Trent and later, when Frederick II Holy Roman Emperor came, the Prince-bishop entrusted the castle to a noble family, who trusted the Church.
In 1477, the noble Family Tabarelli de Fatis of Terlago took over the castle. Currently, the castle has lost most of its medieval aspects, as many attacks occurred, especially in the XIII Century due to the Ezzelini.