Park of Remembrance
A stone’s throw from Valsorda, a hamlet of Trento near the Plateau, there is the Park of Remembrance, where a bloody battle took place in July 1866: Austrians against Italians.
The Park was built in 1924 as a Monument to the Fallen Warriors of the 1866 battle, as thirteen soldiers died in this place during an independence battle.
A marble commemorative plaque located in the middle of the park honors this battle for the redemption of Trent. Furthermore, around the headstone thirteen poplars were planted: thirteen as the soldiers, who died there.
After World War II, four more names were added to the headstone, the names of the soldiers fallen in this war.