The building, dating back to the XVI century, lies in the old town of Vigolo Vattaro, in a wide garden rich in pines, beech trees and horse chestnuts.
The palace has a rustic but severe appearance; from 1840, its owner is the Family Malfatti from Rovereto. It has cruciform architecture, vaulted ceilings decorate the ground floor while wooden ones characterize the upper floor.
As Malfatti Palace underwent minimal restoration intervention during the years, it maintained the architectural style of the period with its raw wooden floors.
During World War II, it hosted the Command of the settlement troops; during airstrikes, the inhabitants of Vigolo Vattaro would go in the basements to hide and protect themselves.