Parish Church of Centa San Nicolò
The building of the current Parish Church of Centa San Nicolò started in 1857.
September 11, 1857: the groundbreaking. This event resembles the beginning of the restoration of the ancient church, that has become too small to host the increasing number of inhabitants of the town. Only two years later, in 1859, the restoration of the church was already completed .
This church is dedicated to Saint Nicholas of Bari, who is represented in the guise of Bishop in the huge altarpiece over the altar. He is one of the most known and beloved saints: protector of children, scholars and ladies, sailors, prisoners and pharmacists.