Rifugio Casarota Livio Ciola
Hiking with chamois and eagles as travel companions
One hour’s walk away from Fricca Pass, with splendid panoramic view over Valsugana and the Lavarone Plateau. Ideal resting point along the ascent to Becco di Filadonna (2.150 m), to split into two days the 1.050 climb. Offers genuine cuisine with typical dishes and chestnut-based menu in Autumn.
Built in 1959 from a renewed structure, it was restored in 1981 and inaugurated in 1982. Ideal base for countless excursions: both for the ascent to Becco di Filadonna, the crossing of the peaks until Monte Cornetto in Folgaria. Interesting is the path that that leads to Malga Palazzo of the Trapp Counts.
A patch of heaven where you can enjoy nature and observe chamois run on the steep rocks and eagles twirling in the deep blue sky.
- from Albergo Al Sindech 1.100 m, on the Fricca National Road, path n°442 – 1,2 hours walk
- from Paludei Hut 1.059 m, path n°432 from the nearby laying hamlet Frisanchi 1.078 m – 2 hours walk
- towards Bivouac Madonnina 2.030 m – path n°442, and then n°425, touching Becco di Filadonna 2.150 m and Bocca di Val Larga 2.060 m – 2,30 hours walk
- towards Folgaria 1.166 m – path n°442, then n°425, reaching Terza Cima 2.027 m, Seconda Cima 1.996 m and Cornetto 2.060 m, going down to Albergo Paradiso 1.631 m and in Folgaria – 4,30 hours walk
- towards Besenello 226 m – path n°442, n°425, n°453 to Pozza Arionda 1.770 m, taking then path n°452 up to the magnificent building Malga Palazzo 1.560 m and then down to Besenello – 4 hours walk
- Becco di Filadonna 2.150 m- path n°444 then n°425 touching Bocca di Val Larga 2.060 m – 3,45 hours walk